Pages

Friday, May 22, 2015

Family Relations Week 5

I Love My Siblings!!!!

My classmates and I read “Sisters Give Siblings Better Health.” This article talks about why having siblings is a good idea and what helps each sibling to have a healthy family relationship. Brigham Young University professor, Laura Padilla-Walker, says, “Even after you account for parents’ influence, siblings do matter in unique ways.” She continues by saying, “They give kids something that parents don’t.” I love this quote, because I grew up with older siblings who taught me everything that I need to know in life and how to become a better person. Laura Padilla-Walker states that, “Statistical analyses showed that having a sister protected adolescents from feeling lonely, unloved, guilty, self-conscious and fearful. It didn’t matter whether the sister was younger or older, or how far apart the siblings were agewise.” She also says, “This doesn't mean brothers don't matter. The study found that having a loving sibling of either gender promoted good deeds, such as helping a neighbor or watching out for other kids at school. In fact, loving siblings fostered charitable attitudes more than loving parents did. The relationship between sibling affection and good deeds was twice as strong as that between parenting and good deeds.” In my life, my siblings and I look out for each other, serve each other, and spend time with each other, because we know that family always comes first.

If you want to learn more about the article, go to this website. http://news.byu.edu/archive10-aug-siblings.aspx

In my family, I have one brother and two sisters. They are all amazing and taught me a lot of things about life. My brother, Robert, taught me to have patience whenever my two sisters were bugging me. He taught me to love one another and to enjoy hanging out with the family. My sister, Meghan, taught me how to be independent and how to take care of myself. She taught me how to stand up for myself and have courage. My other sister, Lindsey, taught me how to wear cute clothes and told me where the most popular stores are to shop. She taught me how to enjoy life and to be myself around others.

I have no idea what I would do without my brother, Robert, and my two sisters, Meghan and Lindsey. They are my rocks and we love spending time together. There are times that we drive each other crazy. However, we have learned how to forgive each other and forget all the dumb situations that we fight about. We love each other and we cannot hate each other. My siblings taught me a lot of things about life and how to become a better person. Without my siblings, I wouldn’t be the woman that I am today.

1 comment:

Feel free to comment on my post and your thoughts about my post.